Thursday, May 17, 2007

Awesome names

I've been working here for five years now, and I still see awesome names all the damn time. Names with so much fantasticalosity that I'm jealous having my own puny little name. In the past five years, I've seen name plates or email signatures bearing monikers like Steven Martin, Mike Michael, Mike Jackson, and my favorite ever, King Wang (if I ever have my name legally changed, I'm changing it to King Wang).

Today I got an email from someone named Siddhardha. That's so awesome it hurts. That's got to be like naming an American kid Jeebus.

9 comments:

Bluejeangirl said...

Today I was reviewing a functional spec where one of the engineers that authored it was named Dejia Wang. Like Deja Vu but with a wang?

Tim said...

Is that were you have the strange feeling that you've seen this wang before?

The Taco Prophet said...

And that's exactly why I always recommend a conscientious tag and release program.

Unknown said...

I have Deja Wang everyday. It's really weird.

Larriken said...

I have a Boomer-Wang. Mate.

The Taco Prophet said...

There's a guy here whose last name is Wookey. I can't believe I forgot him.

Bluejeangirl said...

What do you say to a guy with the last name Kuntawar?

The Taco Prophet said...

Clearly a descendant of Helen of Troy.

fearnothing said...

I see names that beat these. Best examples:

Tsogvataar Byungtogtok

and, I kid you not, this is someone's name on their tax form:

Max Cockshott.