Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The irony, it burns.

So yesterday, I released some soda back into the wild and stopped by the breakroom to pick up a new can. The circle of life and all that. The office manager was in there with a fuckton (metric, not imperial... I checked) of boxes full of paper cups. Naturally, I commented on this unusual circumstance. The office manager then told me, while crushing several large boxes worth of unused styrofoam cups into the trash can, that the company had gone green, and switched from styrofoam cups to paper ones.

How very environmentally conscious of us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You really do work in a Dilbert strip don't you?

The Taco Prophet said...

They should start a charity where you donate money and they let you burn an acre of rainforest.

VikingLady said...

That's awesome in a lot of ways, but mostly because... One of my friends back when I was a kid told me that if you eat styrofoam it turns into glass (or something equally corrosive) in your stomach. Then she told me that if you litter styrofoam bunnies will eat it and they'll suffer a horrible death because it turns to glass and shreds up their insides.

So now your company is chopping down trees and killing bunnies from the inside out all at the same time.

Maybe you guys should do some community service or something..?

; P

The Taco Prophet said...

I dunno... if our idea of going green is throwing out cases of styrofoam, our idea of community service is probably knocking down old women, kicking puppies, and baking kitten pie. Which, admittedly, would be awesome, but I already had kitten for lunch.

Larriken said...

Hey, I used to work there. I know for a fact that corporate community service involves stampeding women and raping cattle!