Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Checked by my mate

It's not great secret that wifezilla and I don't see eye to eye on design. We've "aggressively negotiated" on the subject many times over the years. Sadly, she lacks my refined sense of style. She has an unfortunate love affair with animal prints, you see.

I've waged a war against animal print in the house since the moment she moved in with me. Actually, the war probably dates back before then, back to when she started spending a significant amount of time at my place.

She frequently declares that when the children move out and she has a room just for her stuff, it will look (and I quote) "like a leopard fucking exploded." Although I haven't managed to keep the place jungle print free, I've done pretty damned well. No inside-out leopards anywhere.

So today, I had an eye exam. I'm generally a cash & carry kind of guy, but for once, I prepared ahead of time. Wifezilla takes care of paying all the bills, being the more fiscally responsible of us, so I hit her up for a blank check to take to the eye doc.

After my exam, I went up to the counter to settle up, unfolded the check to write it out, and got my first look at our joint checks... in all their giraffe-print glory.

I'm pretty sure the receptionist I had to hand that piece of art to thinks I'm gay now.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Sir, I do believe you got pwnd.

Also, I heart animal prints.

Unknown said...

Can you imagine if Kate & Michelle lived together? I don't know if any leopards, jauguars, or tortie cats would be left alive! My eyes hurt just thinking about it.

I do believe that leopard print can be used tastefully in moderation and even look very sophisticated and classy (and you know I am an authority on that ;P. However, neither Kate nor Michelle are very fond or moderation ;)

Larriken said...

Moderation? What is this you speak of??

I have a Siberian Tiger painting in the office that my wife absolutely hates. Never mind it used to hang in my bedroom opposite a HUGE tiger poster, and right over a bed bedecked with tiger print bedsheets and quilt/pillow set.

Tiger tiger, burning bright...

Anyways, she managed to do off with the tiger ensemble and poster, but I still have that painting. It's hanging on the wall right where she has to face it entering the office. Needless to say, the office is my man-cave!

Unknown said...

Wait. You're NOT gay? My world is crumbling around me...

Larriken said...

I'd be lion if I said I were...