Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Special" eyes.

Finished filing my taxes. You'd think I'd file them early since the government always owes me money. But you'd underestimate my laziness.

Got promoted today. Weirdest promotion ever. The boss pulled me aside to ask me if I'd reconsider taking the job because they couldn't find anyone they liked for it, and they thought I was doing a really good job. Turns out to be the job I thought I already had. Banks are fucking weird. Everyone's some kind of vice president so you can't tell what your damn title is. Anyway, that misunderstanding cleared up, I jumped on it, so now... I have the job I I've been doing for the last four months, and thought I'd been hired to do. So yay.

Panicked phone call from wifezilla today. The dryer asploded. Pretty sure it can be repaired -- (the whole upstairs) smells like the motor just burned out -- but the dryer is 10 years old and wifezilla has hated it since day 1. So I'm buying her a new one. Whee.

Nothing makes me feel older than buying appliances. I think I may go buy a new video game to counter the effect. Perhaps that Dante based game Coyote wrote about.

Talked to wifezilla about hiring somebody to get the leaves out of the yard this year, since I manage to injure my poor joints every year, and the leaves wind up killing the grass while I recuperate. A couple of college age kids from the neighborhood came around looking for work today and said they'd do it for $75. That's a fucking steal. I think they're going to regret doing it. Or maybe not. They gave me one of those Come To Jeebus fliers as they were leaving. Maybe I should offer them $100 if they leave me alone about religion.

New puppeh is growing at an alarming rate. I sit and watch her for 5 minutes and I'm pretty sure I can see her doing it. Had her puppeh factoreh removed this week. The Dog Antipregnification Doctor said she's a fox hound. Our usual vet says she's a beagle mix. I'm siding with fox hound guy, because 1) I looked up AKC info and pictures when we got her, and that's what I think she is, and 2) it sounds cooler than "beagle mix."

The 1-800 Contacts "Special Eyes" commercial cracks me the fuck up. I imitate his "my brand!" exclamation for a solid 15 minutes after every time it comes on. Which pretty much means I do it nonstop from the time I get home from work until we turn the TV off and go to bed.

MY BRAND!

It's better than the miitard. And wifezilla hates it even more.

Which reminds me, Coyote, we have a new mail lady, and she asked wifezilla what the hell kind of name Yay Miitard is. I love that joke more every time it happens.

8 comments:

oooooops said...

Hey, I resent that comment about "beagle mix" not being cool. Maybe it's because you don't have two of them from the same litter that both clearly have different fathers.

Unknown said...

Where are you from Mr. Miitard?

Big congrats on the promotion. Now gimme a job.

Don't buy a new one! Finish Awakening!

That commercial fucking SLAYS me every time. Look! Look with your special eyes! Hehehe.

The Taco Prophet said...

Re: oooooops: I didn't say "beagle mix" wasn't cool. I just think "fox hound" sounds cooler. Plus it makes my initial guess at her breed right. Yay right!

Re: Coyotito: MAH BRANG! *splayclap*

kr4ster said...

Congrats on the new position.. now take a vacation and come visit!



perstal

The Taco Prophet said...

I think we're coming through your neck of the woods the next time the kids track out of school... July maybe? At any rate, I'll have some vacation stored up by then, and I'm actually required by law to take it now, so I'll be along for the ride.

The Taco Prophet said...

I get mail from Coyote 'cause I put out. Neener.

And I'm much prettier than Sheldon.

Unknown said...

I fear no man! I'm still a little afraid of my mom though.

Dan said...

Like the facebook page for it!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Look-here-with-your-special-eyes-My-branddddddd/118691964826563?ref=ts