Monday, December 6, 2010

One step closer to my goal of making this a meme.

COWORKER: I hate when open source developers make you check out their shit from the repository and build it. Just make it available.

TACO: I'm firmly convinced that OSS developers are of the opinion that if it was hard to write, it should be hard to use.

COWORKER: Yeah.

TACO: Whatcha trying to get?

COWORKER: A mocking framework called Mockolate. Pain in my ass.

TACO: So, would you characterize the difficulty they impose on their users as a "mock block?"

COWORKER: I hate you, Larry.

4 comments:

fett said...

That phrase will be my lasting impact on the universe, I am sure.

And now I'm sad.

The Taco Prophet said...

Don't be sad. One day, about a hundred years from now, some student is going to do a graduate thesis on the origin, etymology, and cultural significance of the phrase. She will use Google Neuro (Beta) to search for the information, and after briefly marveling at a short-lived and barbaric 21st century subculture primarily centered on ritualistic masturbation with condiments and 20th century dictators, will conclude that the phrase is so endemic to her culture that its origins cannot be traced. Frustrated, she will instead make something up, add a few Wikipedia entries supporting her thesis, graduate with honors, and get a job as a cashier at at Dim Sum King.

It'll be great.

fett said...

"a short-lived and barbaric 21st century subculture primarily centered on ritualistic masturbation with condiments"

That will be my OTHER lasting impact on the universe. The possibilities for chipolte sauce are endless.

Grimmstail said...

Man, I can't wait until a Dim Sum King opens up near me. Lai wong bao every freaking day! I don't even care if it's been sitting in the steamer basket for an hour. It's freaking lai wong bao!