Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Parenting is hard to do...

...with a straight face.

So last night, we hit Sears to buy kidzookie a suit for Emu's wedding on Saturday. After a painful round of trying on dozens of suits while one kid whined that she was bored and the other that he was tired of trying shit on, we got him squared away, and headed back out into the mall. Wifezilla brought out a gift card to Victoria's Secret and said she'd like to go pick some stuff up if I didn't mind.

Mind? Pffft.

So we all pile into Vicki's, Wifezilla's digging through piles of stuff and having a grand old time, and the kids are bored shitless. My daughter asks me to spin her around and get her dizzy, and I look down to tell her no, this really isn't the place to play that kind of game.

Then I look up.

My son is wearing a thong on his head.

I stare at him for a moment, trying to figure out exactly how best to approach this situation, and he takes the opportunity to inform me, "It's a superhero mask, dad."

Hrk.

6 comments:

VikingLady said...

*Kidnaps Kidzookie*

The Taco Prophet said...

That's gonna be hard. I have it on good authority that he's a superhero.

VikingLady said...

*Carries Kidzookie in sack made of sewn together thongs, rendering him powerless*

Anonymous said...

Well, most grown men tend to feel like superheroes if they manage to get their faces near a thong, he's just a few years ahead of the game.

The Taco Prophet said...

See, this is why I love you, Hil :)

Unknown said...

The last time I wore a thong on my head it actually robbed my of my superpowers. True story.