Thursday, April 10, 2008

Folks who use my website, please read this

I can't post it there because in a nutshell, my webhost sucks ass. And a good chunk of the guys I need to notify read this filth too :)

My site is down for the bazillionth time, and I've had it with them. I'm getting a new webhost tonight. I've already picked them out, and will be signing up as soon as I get home. I've backed up all my data, and will start getting it migrated to the new service tonight. Once I have everything migrated to the new site, I'll formalize the migration and cut the old guys loose.

There'll probably be a few days where you can't use my site. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but once it's done, things should hopefully be a lot more reliable.

On the bright side, the bulk of this should fall across the weekend, when the site's mostly dead anyway.

Sorry for the trouble. Please bear with me.

13 comments:

oooooops said...

Oh god, I'll need my methadone shot for withdrawal symptoms now please.

suyapi said...

Augh!

Must go slap someone now.

The Taco Prophet said...

Four hours since I first submitted the ticket. Still no luck. They're incompetent. I've raised so much hell that they're actually periodically contacting me to let me know how it's going (hint: badly). They're fired as hell.

fett said...

AAARGH! I demand recompense for the downtime being experienced on a website I view for absolutely free. I also demand such recompense be provided in the currency of the realm, which is pantless people.

Anonymous said...

So we should start defacing your blog with LOLCats, BSG talk, and rants on how much this week sucks?

Grimmstail said...

The currency of the realm is pantless people? How does that economy work, exactly? If I get one guy to walk by twice without pants on is that of equal value to two guys walking by without pants on?

The Taco Prophet said...

karn: yesplz

grimm: Indeed, and this is part of the reason that pantsless societies have such a horrible problem with inflation. Dadumdum... kshh.

fett said...

I hate you Larry.

The Taco Prophet said...

YOU'RE KILLING YOUR FATHER, LARR... oh, wait, I made the pun.

The Taco Prophet said...

By the way, I just signed up with a new webhost, for anyone keeping score. They say they'll have it set up for me tomorrow, at which point I can start setting it up. Once that's done, I'll update the DNS info and we'll have a short wait.

The site is back up now. Only took them 8 fucking hours to fix it. They were just awesome during the whole ordeal, and I'm not pissed off at all. Truth be told, I was kinda a dick to them today, but in my defense, they deserve it. Bleh. Whatever.

Go ahead and use the site. I'll let everyone know when it's no good to use any more... at which point you can go nuts spamming the piss out of it, since it won't matter anyway :)

The Taco Prophet said...

I take it back... it's still not working correctly, although parts of it are. If you can manage to get the site to work, go nuts. They're fucking fired, they just don't know it yet.

The Taco Prophet said...

Looks like they went ahead and started migrating the DNS info for me. There may be some downtime where there's a placeholder site. Not sure yet. Will keep you posted.

The Taco Prophet said...

I've canceled my account with the fucktards. The DNS information is migrating now, if it hasn't updated already for you. Having a little trouble getting the forums uploaded & updated. Calling it quits for tonight. More to come.