Thursday, June 3, 2010

Leroy's service has really gone downhill.

PHONE: Ring. Ring. Ring.

TACO: Hello?

RECRUITER: Hello, may I speak to Taco?

TACO: You're talkin' to him.

RECRUITER: Yes hello I am calling about the job opportunity in Charlotte. Is this an area you are interested?

TACO: Charlotte? No.

RECRUITER: Yes where are you interested?

TACO: Raleigh.

RECRUITER: I will check if we have any opportunity there will you hold?

TACO: I...

HOLD SYSTEM: Muzak!

TACO: [Holds]
TACO: [Holds]
TACO: [Holds]

RECRUITER: Yes hello we have an office in Charlotte is this an area you are interested?

TACO: You just asked me that.

RECRUITER: Oh yes, hold please.

TACO: [Holds]
TACO: [Holds]
TACO: [Holds]

RECRUITER: Yes hello we have an office in Charlotte...

TACO: Hi, yeah, is this Leroy's Ba'b'cue Shack? I'ma need a bunch o' ba'b'cue. Gimme a mess o' ba'b'cued chicken, too, mama won't eat that pulled pork. You still got that tater salad? I need some o' that too. And how about

RECRUITER: Hello?

TACO: ...some hush puppies, the kids go nuts for them things. And some green beans and some corn and gimme some gizzards, about a pint, I love some gizzards, no livers though. I don't want no damn livers. I find any livers and you ain't gettin' no tip.

RECRUITER: Hello, is this Taco?

TACO: I'ma need a whole mess o' sweet tea, too. We gon' have about fitteen people out, how much you reckon?

RECRUITER: [click]

TACO: Maybe 5 jugs?

4 comments:

suyapi said...

Are you calling for the Leroy's BBQ Shack in Charlotte?

Unknown said...

I read, I smiled, I snickered but when I got to *click* Maybe 5 jugs, I I laughed like a loon.

*wipes tear* That's good stuff.

Kate said...

I love you, man :)

fett said...

I miss sweet tea :(

It's starting to creep north, but people around here just can't make it like they did in Georgia.

Also: ungsha!