Thursday, April 19, 2007

Dell called me today.


DELL GUY:Our records show that you bought a computer from us about a year ago.
TACO:Yep.
DELL GUY:Have you been happy with the machine?
TACO:The machine, yes. Dell, no.
DELL GUY:I'm sorry, why not?
TACO:The machine has died twice due to a driver issue. There's no info on Dell's site about it, so I had to google for a solution. It wasn't hard to find info. The problem's apparently pretty widespread, and updated drivers have been available for more than a year, but Dell doesn't want to acknowledge the issue.
DELL GUY:I'm sorry.
TACO:Also, your finanicial services division harassed my wife so much about extra services, coverage, and insurance that she's vowed that we'll never buy another Dell no matter how cheap they are. We had to contact the Better Business Bureau to get you to leave us alone.
DELL GUY:I'm sorry to hear that. So, would you like to renew your service agreement? As you know, that's a high end PC, and it can be expensive to repair. Unless you renew, you'll lose access to our coverage and our technical support.
TACO:Didn't you hear me? Your support department pretends problems don't exist, and my wife will leave me if I give you more money.
DELL GUY:Well, I, uh... I guess to save your marriage...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You'd think that human stupidity would no longer make me shake my head in disbelief. How have we survived this long?

Tim said...

Think that's bad, try talking to Gateway tech support.

Anonymous said...

The more I do work as a computer tech, the more I'm convinced that no computer manufacterer is a good manufacturer...

Hey... My spell check doesn't work here...

Ellura said...

o m f g