Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I have the best brother ever.

Boring background info, part the first:

I used to work for BEA about six years ago. I really loved it over there. I was on a great team, we had pretty interesting work, and I was learning tons. The last project I worked on there was a new website implementation for a big time credit card company. For a couple of months I worked 14-16 hour days and Saturdays. We delivered the project in spite of the ridiculous deadline, and the credit card guys were thrilled.

A week later, I got canned when the company laid off 10% across the board. My wife was as pregnant as it gets.

Not that I'm bitter.

Background info part the second:

My brother is currently in San Francisco on business.

The story:

Emu: BEA has a booth here. I got cornered by a sales guy. He was telling me of their VM appliances and what not. He asked what I thought....
Emu: I told him that they let my brother go a week before his son was born...

Taco:
lmao
Taco: Did you really?

Emu: The look on his face was priceless.
Emu: Awkward moments ftw!

Taco: You are the greatest fucking thing ever.

Emu: Would have been better if it had been you.
Emu: Figured it was the next best thing.

10 comments:

fett said...

That....is so awesome. That's like 7 different shades of awesome.

VikingLady said...

Again, give your brother and his "fiancee" my number so I can go get drunk with them.

MAKE IT SO!

Tim said...

That's like three kinds of awesome folded in upon each other and roasted. The turducken of awesome, if you will.

The Taco Prophet said...

I told him there was a crazy lady in San Francisco looking for him. :)

John said...

BEA is also doing their show around the corner from the conference I'm at. Last night was "vendors get the nerds drunk and give them shit night". As we were stumbling back to the motel, I walked past it. I should have squish frogged them.

VikingLady said...

Okay good, tell him I'm not medicated but that makes me more fun and I promise not to grab his crotch without also considering his lady and grabbing her crotch too.

Unknown said...

Emu is the shit. He'll be joining us at TacoCon, yeah? I have a big need to buy lots of beers for you lot.

Also, Inga doesn't so much grab crotch as she does hey-what-are-you-doing-that-hurts
OHMYFUCKINGGODGETOFFGETOFFGETOFF!

She has this thing about guys and wanting them to be in pain at all times. It's charming.

The Taco Prophet said...

If Emu isn't at TacoCon, I have a feeling that TacoCon will be drunkenly stumbling by his apartment.

VikingLady said...

I might have to make a surprise cameo at TacoCon. It's like the moment when you're at a concert and then a surprise guest walks on stage and there's WOOOO everywhere so much woo. It's way better than knowing they were gonna come out in the first place.

And yes, Coyote, this will relegate you to the floor of your hotel room because apparently they cost more than three dollars.

"What?! I GOT money!"

Unknown said...

Your three wadded up lonely sad dollars might-MIGHT-get you a spot on the floor in the closet. Provided you stay quiet and don't interrupt any hot mansex that may be going on.

What the hell do you do with your money anyway? Broke ass...