Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Personalized License Plates

I have a completely irrational hatred of personalized license plates.

I had a couple of paragraphs here earlier detailing my hatred in acid tones, but deleted it. I've got a once-in-a-great-while reader that I made fun of, and with my luck, he'd load up my blog and see it. Allow me to sum up without examples: a) unless your plate is intended to be witty and amusing, I probably only grind my teeth a little, and b) I probably don't mean you.

If your plate is supposed to be clever, I die a little inside whenever I see it. Fuck me, I hate those damn things.

The ones I do like are the ones that are unintentionally funny. A few years ago, I was riding behind someone with a plate that read:

BCNSLT

Now, sure, their initials were probably BCN, and the car was probably an LT model of whatever-the-fuck conspicuously consumed vehicle they'd bought, and they wanted the world to know that it was BCN's god damned LT.

But for the rest of my life, that chick will be known to me as The Bacon Slut.

On my way home tonight, I saw the second funny personalized plate I've ever seen:

MM 88

God help me, I laughed until I cried. If you don't get it, then Noq and I just get to lord it over you. Especially you, Coyote, since you're going to lord the beginning of my own conversation over me.

Neener neener neen.

7 comments:

The Taco Prophet said...

My original post had an explanation that your type of plate doesn't really bother me, particularly. But then it went on to make fun of a few mutual acquaintances who have plates I find... well, nevermind. I deleted the paragraph for a reason, and I'm pretty sure you get my drift now anyway :)

Tim said...

MM 88 indeed, my friend. MM, indeed. :D

fett said...

I admit it, I don't get it. This will probably bother me.

Tim said...

If you don't get 88, i'm not even going to mention UU. Oops!

fett said...

I'm not a cool kid anymore

:(

Oh who am I kidding, I was never a cool kid.

VikingLady said...

Does it have to do with oral? It looks like oral.

Unknown said...

The only personalized plate I ever saw that I liked was a handicap plate that said KRIPL. The absolute most idiotic was a plate on a 97 Camry that said, wait for it, 97CAMRY.

Fucking dolt...