Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Out of sorts

I'm tense as all holy fuck. Not sure why. Things are going pretty well lately. Maybe it's just the paranoia I've been half-joking about in my recent posts.

I'm good at paranoia. It creeps up on me daily, and I turn around and greet it warmly, and say, "Oh, hi, Paranoia, you're late. Nice day, innit?" And the Paranoia is all, "Why, yes, it's quite a lovely day. By the way, you're mentally incapacitated and people are snickering behind your back and you smell of elderberries." And I'm like, "Shit. Pass the bacon." And then Paranoia goes all, "Fuck you. Just kidding. Here's the bacon."

And the bacon is delicious.

So yeah, tension. It's been gnawing at me. I had a really bad knot in the muscle over my left shoulder blade this weekend, and now my bursitis has flared up so bad I can't use my right arm. Fun. I've been really hard to get along with lately, which is really saying something, coming as it is from a cranky know-it-all with no social skills. Fortunately, wifezilla is willing to overlook it so far, since I'm willing to suck it up and admit I'm being a dick.

(If I'm gone more than a week, she killed me.)

5 comments:

kr4ster said...

As much as I really enjoy the "xmas spirit", my social anxiety goes through the roof this time of year. Last week we took the Little Man to "Lights Before Xmas" at the Zoo and I nearly ended up running to get the hell out of there after about 15 minutes.. I don't see it as paranoia so much as my sense of "personal space" in constant flux

fett said...

As we've discussed, I too know of The Paranoia. We are WELL acquainted.

I blame the recent run of good tidings. I will send some of my bad shit your way to even things out, that should release your tension.

Or, you know, orgies also help release tension. Or so I'm told.

In any event, fuck Christmas time. I always...ALWAYS...have to fight off depression around this time of year.

suyapi said...

It's why you like us. You know you don't have to worry, since we just like you for your fun parts.

Unknown said...

We can form (yet another) club now. I'm all paranoid owing to a run of not terrible shit too.

I feel a need to preemptively duck and cover.

Pie is also delicious.

The Taco Prophet said...

I'm going to invent bacon pie tonight. Prepare yourselves for the glory.