Thursday, December 6, 2007

Waiting for the other shoe...

It's been a pretty good week for us at Casa del Taco:
  1. Wifezilla's broken the 20 pound mark on Weight Watchers and is going strong. Her success has inspired many of my family to follow in her footsteps... and has also given them enough guilt and accountability to follow in her success :) I'm terribly proud of her.
  2. My father-in-law is responding well to his chemotherapy. They're going to do another scan at his next session in a few weeks to determine whether he's done or needs a few more. In any case, he's doing well and won't be at it much longer.
  3. I got a fucking raise. Healthy one, too. It's nice, both because I've been busting my ass lately and because I've had only one other raise in six damn years. Granted, the end of the dot com bust was in there, but it's still frustrating. Not to mention the fact that my last raise was pretty fucking piddling and I only got it because I got promoted, and they had to give me a raise so the books would work out right. Still, I can't complain. Now I'm making what recruiters tell me I should be. Of course, this comes the day before an interview I was fairly certain I'd knock out of the park, so it's doing my paranoia no good...
My grandfather used to tell us that Irish Luck was stepping in a pile of dog shit and then realizing you were wearing your bad shoes (what a lucky son of a bitch I am!). I'm bracing myself for the bad news...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm confused. What's a raise?

The Taco Prophet said...

It's what they do with their fist right before they bring it smashing down over your head.

fett said...

So wait....this is....good...news? I've heard of such a thing, but I never believed it could exist.

suyapi said...

Damn, yeah. That much good news in one week. Well, it's been nice knowing you.