Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I find that I'm not a fan of Logitech

I bought a new mouse back in January... needed one to go with the new laptop. The most comfortable mouse I could find at the time was the Logitech MX Revolution.

What a piece of shit.

I dropped a hundred bucks on this damn thing because it was comfortable, ergonomic, and actually large enough for my damn hand.

Plus, it was a Logitech, and they make good stuff, right?

Right?

Bleh.

They used cheap ass rubber on the scroll wheel. Within a month, the stupid thing wasn't scrolling properly because the rubber had stretched out and was interfering with its operation. I contacted tech support, and they gave me the runaround for a few weeks. I finally gave up and just tore the damn rubber off.

This week, while I was setting the computer down, I caught it on the end table and snapped the RF receiver clean off. Totally my fault. I'm a dumbass.

So I hit Logitech's site to order a replacement. The replacement dongle is $10. Sweet.

Shipping for the damn thing?

$7.

For a receiver dongle about 2 inches long.

Last fucking Logitech product I ever buy.

Dear Logitech:

Fuck you.

Hate,
-Taco

10 comments:

suyapi said...

Well, fuck. Do any companies actually care about making a good product anymore?

Bluejeangirl said...

Crap. I have this mouse at the moment: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en

It's started acting up lately. Instead of single clicking it's been double clicking. While I'm at home today I'm going to see if I can make some adjustments to it in the control panel. Hopefully this doesn't turn into an issue. I've loved Logitech forever. *sigh*

The Taco Prophet said...

Same one as mine... my condolences.

Microsoft makes really good mice these days, so perhaps all is not lost. My trackball at work is by Microsoft, and it rocks.

Bluejeangirl said...

I've hated Microsoft mice for a long time. Whatever that vinyl/rubber stuff is that they use feels gross to me.

I haven't had any luck figuring out what the deal is with the double clicking of my mouse. Maybe it's just me.

suyapi said...

Eh, probably not. But luck in fixing it (or it "magically" fixing itself).

I actually generally like the Microsoft mouse that it in the study. When I use it. Only time it ever seems to act up is when the batteries run out of steam. But then, I use my laptop almost exclusively, so it's not like the mouse gets much use by me.

The Taco Prophet said...

Well, I got my replacement receiver today. I'm too fucking pissed to talk about it right now, but let me just say: this is the last. Fucking. Time. I. Ever. Give. Logitech. Money.

I'm filing a BBB report for goddamn sure.

Bluejeangirl said...

The double click wouldn't go away. I've gone back to using a regular mouse.. you know.. the one with the ball on the bottom that plugs into the back of the pc with the color coded plug? Fuck.

The Taco Prophet said...

My mouse cannot apparently be synchronized with the new receiver. Logitech's 24-7 support hasn't responded to my trouble ticket yet, after about 48 hours. Fuck Logitech. I'm hitting the store tomorrow and buying a goddamn Microsoft mouse.

Bluejeangirl said...

I'll bring you my receiver if you want to give it a whirl. I'm refusing to buy another mouse. The freaking stone age one I have now works. It came with the new pc and was never used so screw it.

Tim said...

Really?

I've had nothing but good experience with Logitech mice. I prefer them.