Monday, June 23, 2008

Taco's other tree is... rabid?

It would seem that I collect odd trees.

This weekend I noticed that the oak tree in my front yard seemed off somehow. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I thought it might have something to do with the fact that the bottom of the tree was actively fizzing. So I went and googled the symptoms.

It turns out that my oak tree has slime flux. End result? The sap inside the tree is fermenting. This builds up pressure inside the tree, and it fizzes out, looking for all the world like my tree is foaming at the mouth. And the yard smells like cheap ass beer. Or maybe sour wine going to vinegar.

If we have to cut it down, I think I'm going to pay the tree guy extra to act out the ending of Old Yeller.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is the best tree ever! Can haz pics plz?

The Taco Prophet said...

Stand back, children... it's killed before, and it'll kill again.

fett said...

That is clearly the best thing ever. I want to be a tree in Taco's yard.

Wow, that sounds like a metaphor for something.

The Taco Prophet said...

I'm betting it goes off like a bottle rocket if they cut it down.

I was going to see if I could get a movie of the awesome fizzing action yesterday, but it's died down. We got rain last night, though, so maybe it'll start back up today.

suyapi said...

You realize Emo tree is going to get even darker if you cut down rabid tree.

The Taco Prophet said...

Emo tree is probably going to get jealous of the attention and cut itself down.