Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And it lifts you up...

  • Zombieland was awesome. So much yay.
  • There's hope for my laptop. So much yay.
  • Out of respect for the person's privacy, I'll keep my mouth shut, but I didn't promise not to go whoring for good vibes, so heads up, do whatever it is you do: cross fingers, pray, sacrifice an animal, masturbate for peace, punch a moron... whatever higher powers are currently at large will fill in the blank, I'm sure.
  • Friend of ours has a very sick daughter (I've mentioned her before). Her daughter had a seizure today, during which I'm told she turned rather purple. The doctors offer no explanations for the seizure, citing normal readings all around.
  • Same friend's sister has two children who are very poorly cared for. They both need medical attention due to the neglect (though they're doing rather better recently since our friend has been keeping them while their mother is in the damn county jail), and they suspect abuse. She tried to get help for the kids from social services today, but was ignored and hurried out of the building because "times are tough for everyone, I'm sure it's poverty, not neglect."
  • If I ever run into my high school guidance counsellor, I am going to kick her ass for not telling me about this.
  • There's a guy in California I got roped into working with a few years ago. To put it kindly, he's difficult, and I generally get little in the way of support other than "make it go away" whenever he comes a-callin'. He sent a very pointed, very nasty email out last week and copied half the damn world on it. I sent a rather pointed, more polite email back to the whole list and eventually got a backhanded apology. Momentarily got some backup that evaporated with the faux-apology. Sigh. Can't take much more of this.
  • Got an interview at Deutsche Bank. The recruiter informs me that the hiring manager "is a real ballbuster." I don't mind intense and/or difficult interviews (they reflect well on the quality of the team I'm considering joining), but I don't respond well to dickheads who are abusive during interviews. We'll see which he is tomorrow, I guess. Bets on whether I slip and call them Douche Bank?
  • Managed to master my low self-esteem long enough to mail my latest short story off to a magazine yesterday. The headrush that hit me when the envelope was irretrievably out of my hands just about brought me to my knees. Doing better now (though I suspect another nasty attack when the return envelope does its boomerang act into my mailbox). Need to start working on a new one now. Not really feeling the ones I have a grip on. Need to bullshit with somebody about one of the ones I'm more interested in doing but haven't fleshed out yet. Where's Coyote?
  • I will shoot you SO HARD!
  • Double tap.
  • ...then it puts you down / and it feeds you life / then it lets you drown / while it holds your heart / then it slowly tears you apart

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here I am!

*shoots you SO HARD*