Monday, October 12, 2009

OMG Me Too

Yesterday, we were driving to my folks' house for Sunday dinner and witnessed... well, I'm not sure exactly what we witnessed. As we were heading south out of Raleigh, a rather rotund man -- and one who made my fish-white belly look tan, I soon found out -- suddenly windmilled his duffel bag into the ground and ripped his shirt off, then went apeshit on one of those markers the phone company uses to indicate underground cables. Damn if he didn't hate that thing. He punched it a few times, stomped it into the ground, then grabbed it a bear hug and apparently tried to suplex it. It was... yeah. I tried to fish my cell phone out of my pocket so I could share with you guys, but I wasn't fast enough. Ah, well.

This morning, on my way into work, I was behind an SUV with the personalized plate: "LUV GINA." I waved and yelled, "OMG, ME TOO!" but I don't think they heard me. Again with the too slow cell phone. I need to keep the damn thing on the dash when I drive.

Almost called in sick today, but manned up and went in. Work was somewhat less craptacular than I expected.

My laptop came back in today. Looks like Apple fixed it all up. The LCD had some scuff marks on it when I bought it that I was never able to remove. They either knew how to clean them or put a new LCD in. Either way, I'm quite pleased. They also gave me a new battery even though it technically wasn't covered. The old one was beginning to discharge a little quicker (I hear it's a common problem in hard drives of a certain age [I hate me, Larry])... not too bad yet, but I was looking at replacing it soon. Free is always good. Very happy overall with my experience so far. Yay.

Tired of wrestling with my fantasy hockey settings. Dropped my goalie a week ago and can't get it to give me a new one. The docs are sparse, hard to find, and shitacular. Think I'm giving up on playing. Deleted the bookmark off all my computers today.

My arthritis has been a bit worse lately. Shit.

Back to reinstalling crap on my newly-returned laptop. World of Warcraft should be done installing any week now.

2 comments:

oooooops said...

Go to your players, then say Add. You can then look to see who is available for different positions (yes, i know how that sounds). Then you say "add". If you still have a full roster you hvae to drop someone first.

The Taco Prophet said...

Exactly what I did. Or at least what I think I did. Damned if I can find the docs to tell me what I'm doing wrong.