Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend in Review

Grimm called me tonight and we talked for a few hours. Traded short stories, promised to critique them and speak again later this week. Awesome.

Fridge broke. Can't seem to turn off whatever mechanism cools the inside. Fridge side is 20 degrees below freezing. Have to spend money fixing that shit. Sucks.

Had to drink the beer before the cans explode. That can totally happen. Awesome.

Watched Rise of the Lycans this weekend. It wasn't as bad as I'd read, but lacked the style of the first two (by which, yes, I do primarily mean Kate Beckinsale's rubber-clad ass), so it wasn't as fun a romp. Meh.

Wifezilla wanted hot wings so we went to Hooters today. Nom nom nom. Awesome.

Sent Superpowers back to the library. Started out good, but the more I read, the less interested I was. I think I poisoned myself by reading a review before I was done with it. Oh well.

Missed my Thursday night lineup on TV this week because I went to LOL with Enzo. I think the other guy there might be Enzo's new boyfriend, but I didn't ask. If so, he might be the first decent guy Enzo's dated in a long time. The opening act wasn't funny at all... so unfunny, in fact, that I felt sorry for the guy, which is pretty much the opposite direction from fun. The headliner was damn funny, though, so the night was saved overall. Yay.

Beat the main story of Brutal Legend. The single player story is pretty short, which is a bit of a letdown. Great story, though, and it's very fun and funny. The multiplayer mode apparently makes use of the RTS element of the story, which kinda sucks... while that stuff was fun, the console controllers don't lend themselves well to it, so it never really becomes easy or transparent to make people do what you want. Great game but not worth initial retail in the end, I think. Pick it up for sure but maybe wait till it hits the $30 rack. Oh well.

Finishing Lux the Poet now. Love Millar. This is the least good one I've read by him and it's still quite fun. Been too unfocused with my reading lately, and have several books going concurrently. Buckling down and getting that back down to one. Once I get done w/ Lux, I have to finish off the Andy Jack book I got. Win. Sorta.

I think that's more in the plus column than the minus. Calling the weekend a win overall. Yay.

No comments: