Monday, November 2, 2009

We have traveled this way before and there is much to be learned.

Netflix has Cosmos available for online streaming. I've been watching an episode a night for a few nights now. I forgot how much I love this series (and Carl Sagan).

Upgraded my main PC at work to Ubuntu 9.10 today. Our network sucks balls so it didn't finish until a few minutes before I had to leave, so I haven't put it through its paces yet. It's pretty, though.

Today marks one month since I submitted my short story to Analog. The Black Hole indicates a turnaround time of around 40 days for rejections from Analog, so I guess I don't need to be panicking for another two weeks, give or take. Figures the one thing I wouldn't procrastinate on would be panic attacks.

Speaking of panic attacks, never got the promised call from RecruiterLady today. Knew I shouldn't have said anything aloud. Done gone and jinxed m'self. Damn it.

Wifezilla and Girlzookie met me for lunch today. During lunch, Girlzookie pointed out a group of highway patrolmen eating a few tables down from us and told me, "You can't say any bad words, Dad. The cops are here."

No comments: