Monday, December 14, 2009

Zee Germans, Tommy.

Long day.

They had the grand opening of the office today. The governor came out for it. The news crews came out, but it was a pretty small event, so I don't know that it'll actually show up on any news outlets. If it does, keep an eye out for me and marvel at how I behaved myself.

Been doing financial investment training courses. Jeebus. How is some of this shit legal? I start the actual classroom training tomorrow. Maybe I can ask them then.

The prereq courses I've been taking have been online ones the company put together. They're very typical of corporate training courses. Their attempts to be politically correct wind up being hilarious. The fictional investor whose story we followed today was Ralph Menses. I shit you not. I'm not mature enough to do this shit.

Company dinner at The Pit to celebrate the opening tonight. Great fun but also somewhat odd. Several times I introduced myself with just my first name only to be met with an epiphanic, "Oh, you're [insert my whole name]." My friends made jokes about my reputation preceding me. I wonder if I should be concerned.

People there are super nice. Met an Indian guy who is one of the funniest fuckers I've ever met, and I know all three of you who will read this, so that's saying something. Also, god damn, zee germans can throw down.

And now to bed with me. I am le tired and I have an early day tomorrow. Whee.

3 comments:

suyapi said...

Nice labels. :-)

The Taco Prophet said...

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

John said...

Something about The Pit doesn't sit right with me. I've been to lunch there several times. It's a BBQ joint. An upscale BBQ joint. With a humidor. And a ginormous wine rack and wine selection.

Did you walk to the back and get the pit master to show you the hogs in the pit? He's proud of his cooker and is happy to show it off if you ask.